Filling and flavorful. This skillet dish is quick to make with easy options to substitute or scale. This salad is inspired by classic taco ingredients, done lighter so you can enjoy it more often. A wholesome package you can feel great devouring for any meal. From the juicy meat, to the Southwest spices, to the best taco fixin’s, this recipe has it all!
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar of Mama T’s Salsa—Mama T recommends Mango Lime Salsa
- 1/2 cup of kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce, rinsed and cut
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, and crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, peppers, onion, and garlic over medium heat, 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender
- Break up turkey into crumbles and drain juices
- Stir in salsa, beans, chili powder and cumin, heat through.
- Divide romaine among 4 plates or however many servings.
- Top with turkey mixture, sprinkle with cilantro and toppings of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!