Slow cooker Salsa Chicken is a great dump and go dish that is packed full of tasty flavors. You are going to love this creamy slow cooker chicken recipe with only a handful of ingredients! The chicken will be so tender when you come to shred it, so very little effort is required. This delicious shredded chicken is perfect for tacos, sandwiches and salads and anything else you fancy!
It’s a great option for taco night – simply spoon it into your tacos and top with some shredded lettuce and sour cream.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 6-8 ounces each (Also tastes excellent to substitute chicken for tail-off, peeled, shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 jar of Mama T’s Salsa—your choice. (Mama T recommends Chile Relleno)
- 8 ounces cream cheese or substitute for fat free cream cheese
- Spray a large slow cooker with nonstick spray OR use slow cooker liner
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the pot and top with the salt and pepper.
- Pour salsa over the chicken and then top with the cream cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 or until chicken is cooked through (165F internal temp).
- Stir together and then shred chicken with 2 forks (should shred easily).
- Stir again to full coat the salsa mixture
- Enjoy in tacos or on nachos and more