Fuel your morning with a powerful and healthy breakfast. Much like a breakfast burrito, Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with egg, cheese and your favorite meat. From there, the possibilities are endless. Make it a vegetarian version by adding sautéed red peppers, bell peppers, or onions; or add all that even if you do like meat in your breakfast quesadillas. Unlike breakfast burritos, these are MUCH easier for kids to eat. So many ways to modify this grab n go meal.
- 2 eggs, beaten or substitute for 100g of egg whites
- 2 flour tortillas or substitute for low carb or high fiber tortillas
- 1 slice of bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 breakfast sausage links, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup of Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons of Mama T’s Salsa
- 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream to taste
- In a large skillet, scramble the eggs, add salt and pepper to taste, remove eggs from skillet once cooked and set aside.
- Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Place one tortilla on the skillet or griddle and heat on one side
- When tortilla is hot, flip and add half of the cheese evenly on tortilla
- Add scrambled eggs and distribute evenly
- Add bacon and sausage over top
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and top with remaining tortilla. Cook for about one minute until cheese starts to melt, then carefully flip the quesadilla so nothing falls out
- When the cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown, remove from pan. Use a pizza cutter to cut into quarters and serve with sour cream and salsa.